Software-Defined WAN, or SD-WAN for short, is at the leading edge of software-based networking deployments. SD-WAN offer significant business value for organizations with distributed branches in terms of business agility and the ability to leverage Internet bandwidth economics. Most important is SD-WAN can save money.
SD-WAN technologies are using administration software and broadband networking technologies to simplify delivery of WAN services to branch offices or data center. The software-based virtualization enables network abstraction that results in simplification of network operations.
With its benefits of ubiquity, high bandwidth and low cost, SD-WAN technologies not only enable business and IT managers to deploy Internet-based connectivity easily and quickly but also provide a wide range of benefits for distributed organizations, including:
1. Simplify branch office network and improve business agility
Create faster branch office networks with automated deployment and easy-to setup tool, network services can be embedded in branch boundaries, clouds, or data centers. Otherwise, Rapid deployment of WAN services (such as bandwidth and firewall) to distributed branch operations without the need to send IT staff on-site.
2. Optimized cloud architecture
SD-WAN reduce the backhaul penalties of traditional MPLS networks and leverage the Internet to provide secure, high-performance connections from the branch to cloud. With SD-WAN, remote users will see significant improvements in their experience when using the cloud/SaaS-based applications.
3. Saving cost.
Internet connectivity (including cable, DSL and Ethernet) is widely available, quick to deploy and a fraction of the cost of equivalent MPLS circuits. SD-WAN provide the benefits of reliable, secure WAN service at Internet price points.
Nowadays, SD-WAN are gaining popularity in the IT world, and Acrosser Technology is proving SD-WAN hardware solution to all its customers. There are some recommended models:
● Intel® C236 Platform● Intel® Xeon® E3-1275 v6● Intel® 7 Gen CPU Kabylake-S Core™ i7/i5/i3● 4 x UDIMM DDR4-2400, ECC/non-ECC, (up to 64GB)● 1 x Exp. NIM (1G/10G/40G Fiber/Copper/LAN Bypass)● 2 x SFP+ (10G Fiber)● 12 x GbE Copper (4-pair bypass) & 1 Mgmt. port● 2 x 2.5″ Hot-swappable (RAID 0/1), 1 x mSATA & 1 x CFast● 3 x Smart cooling fan● 1+1 Redundant Power Supply
● AMD® G-Series GX-420MC, firstname.lastname@example.orgGHz, 2MB L2
● 2 x 204-pin SO-DIMM socket, DDR3-1600 MHz, Up to 16GB
●. 6 x Intel® GbE LAN
● 2 x USB 3.0
● 2 x USB 2.0 (internal pin header)
● 1 x Console (RJ45)
● 8 x GPIO (4-In, 4-Out) internal pin header
Acrosser had committed its valuable resources to further develop its advanced network product lines. Furthermore, Acrosser is now working directly with Intel, as part of Intel IoT Solutions Alliance, in order to be able to offer its customers first-to-market services, the latest technologies, and solutions in a timely manner. As a member of Intel IoT Solutions Alliance, Acrosser is able to directly obtain valuable resources in providing high quality and stable performance products/solutions to its customers, vis-à-vis non-IoT-Alliance-members.
Subscribe to our social media sites and stay connected!
Please visit us @ the following social media: